• i found a newt on my floor the other day and i think it was dead and if it wasn't i killed it and i don't like the idea of that so i think it was definitely dead. i vacuumed it up with a tube, the juice from its body still on the floor. i looked up newts on wikipedia. "newts are characterised by a frog-like body with four equal sized limbs and a distinct tail. They have the ability to regenerate limbs, eyes, spinal cords, hearts, intestines, and upper and lower jaws." limbs, eyes, spinal cords, hearts, intestines and jaws. hearts.
• i never write in my notebooks anymore, only on scraps of things i find when i am in desperate need of them, my notebooks are lonely and i can hear them crying.
• can they hear me crying?
• i do not know what day of the month it is
• this is a common pattern.
• if the trees decided they wanted to switch with the sky and be called blue instead of green would we listen?
but nevermind. so what? i really just want to kiss. enough with the bullet points, enough with the steam and the sweat. i've hurt enough people, i've lit enough candles, i've swept enough floors, i've kissed enough fingers to know how old i am. the numbers are not relevant it's that bright flame inside your eyes, it's the dew that settles on the grass of your eyelashes. the letters on the mason jar are like braille and if this was a fairy tale they might have some answers but they just say "ATLAS MASON" and you're probably asleep, dreaming and me? it doesn't matter. 2:31 am and it doesn't matter, just how i like it.