strangers.

It was on the table, she had it written on a matchbox in cursive:


"I fucked someone that wasn't you. 
we were in the bath, our knees sticking out; islands in the soapy water. In the thick, heady steam I was told no one in the world kissed like me & that my eyes had earths spinning in them, making everyone dizzy. No one told me breathing steam was different than breathing air. I think it was the wet skin. I think I called out your name. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."


I sipped my coffee. It tasted like shit.
She never wrote in cursive.

5 comments:

DJ Berndt said...

Where did this come from? Did you write this? I'm totally tweeting this.

wiredwriter said...

Triple wow. Most def one of your best. More, please.

KERRY said...

yuss i wrote it, TWEET IT PUT MY BLOG PUT MY BLOG MAKE ME FAMOUS DJ haha

Paul Mullin said...

It's working, DJ, haha. I really enjoyed reading this, Kerry. I love last lines like this, ones that give you the "man, that's cool" feeling haha.

Christopher said...

You burn horrible and beautiful pictures in my mind....In your absence you've become stronger, you'll make yourself famous.