2-10


i said new
i said new.
what were you thinking?
and me?

whatever love is
whatever love meant to be
whatever it was defined as by the first hands,
its call has been forwarded to an automated voice mail system.


whatever love is
it lives on another planet and it doesn't know about
the brain, the cerebral cortex and all of its executive functions
see the brain regulates the bodys actions and reactions
i only react to you
my memories react to your body and my body reacts to its memories
if love is the answer i have a bookcase of questions
my heart stopped once
we never found it
it swims in water i am too afraid to step in
can you?
whatever love is
it can't
i washed my blankets you bastard
doesn't love know anything?

3 comments:

rollerfink said...

Ah, finally my blog thing tells me when you post a new story.

Also, "i washed my blankets you bastard" made me laugh. Nice.

DJ Berndt said...

I love this.

I am a big fan of "whatever love is
it lives on another planet and it doesn't know about
the brain, the cerebral cortex and all of its executive functions
see the brain regulates the bodys actions and reactions
i only react to you"

Stacey said...

i like this very much