hollywood ending

in my head i look at the people around, one's talking to me and walking at the same time with their hands and arms, their story involves some past event but i focus on the way they touch their face and step with their ankles turned in- i can't hear what you're saying.
in my head i look at the people around
they are sitting on bar stools
and in their lounge chairs, legs up
and in their coffee shops
and at their picnics
and they ask me things and they tell me stories
and the lips inside my mind say shhhhh
they say hush, it's important you listen
to something else but your voice
and mine
it's important you  make a decision
i want you to feel it all
or i want you to feel nothing
when i say it all i mean a big fire and when i say nothing i mean ice
when i say i'm tired i mean it past blood past bones past brain patterns and lies to questions
and people who can't sing on key but want to and people that say okay when they know it'll hurt and people who fly and the people who sink, i'm tired, that is what i am saying.

4 comments:

rollerfink said...

Your brain and your fingers are at a karaoke bar and they are singing songs by the j giels band and I am sitting at a table at the back, alone, tapping my leg and laughing and I'm a little bit drunk. That means I like this story.

kerrylily said...

would you like me to sit with you

kerrylily said...

i would like to sit with you

rollerfink said...

yes, I am a bit shy though (please don't make me get up and sing).